Sometimes getting people to show up at your local play night is as simple as making sure they know it exists! Thanks to our friend bkiefer from the Destiny discords, we now have an easy way to create custom flyers for your local game store so that anyone who stops in will know when you play!
They’re super easy to build, so let’s jump right in with the guide:
- First, follow this link to download the baseline PSD files you’ll need. (Don’t worry, you don’t need Photoshop for this!)
2. Next, go to https://www.photopea.com/ and drag the PSD file into your web browser.
3. On the right hand side of the page, you’ll see a section labeled “Layers”. Make sure you have the “Replace this Layer With Your Artwork” layer selected.
4. Find art that you want to use as the background and drag the image file onto the flyer. It should appear in the top left corner, like this:
5. At the top of the screen, select Edit > Free Transform. Then, while holding the Shift key, resize the image to cover the entire flyer. You may need to drag the image around to center it properly.
6. In the Layers menu on the right side, click on the field that reads “Convergence Organized Play…”. Then on the image itself, double click on the text. This will make the text editable so you can change it to whatever you like.
7. Repeat step 6, but click the “Used Corbert Heavy…” section to replace the text next to the Facebook image.
8. If you need to move the Facebook logo, select “Layer 6” on the Layers menu. Then click the pointer option on the far-right menu and make sure “Transform controls” is checked.
9. That’s it! Once you’re happy with the finished product, select File > Export As > PNG (or JPG) and download it to print and hang at your friendly local game store! I’m really happy with how mine came out, and hopefully you can create one to help people find your local play night more easily.